Tests for Microbial Purity
Each production lot of Theralac® is sent to Minnesota Valley Testing Laboratories, Inc. in New Ulm, Minnesota for a microbial purity profile. The following tests are reported:
- E. coli USP
- Staphlococcus -- Coagulase Positive Confirmation
- Total Mold Count
- Total Yeast Count
- Salmonella, BAM Method
Here are some tips for reading the purity analysis:
- Each capsule of Theralac is approximately 450 mg or 1/2 gram.
- The weight of the sample to test for E coli (for example) is 10 grams or 20 capsules.
- A result showing negative means that in 20 capsules, no E. coli has been detected.
- Other results may show <1 per gram (2 capsules).